Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

QUESTION - you are the Police and there is a suspect running at you with a knife as you back away telling him to STOP. What's your next move?

Shoot him ... center mass 

I move to Philadelphia where they have defunded tasers from police.

Obviously, you don't have the correct information. You are the Police and a family calls you for help with their mentally ill son. They need you to come a tase him so that he can be taken to the hospital. 

Instead, you just shoot and kill this mentally ill guy.

Well, you need to take some time out to take stock of the situation.

Will the person running towards you actually stab you with the knife? is it a real knife? Might he just wave it under your nose? Should you try to disarm him considering that he might fall and hurt himself and that might look bad in court?

Should you shoot him? OK, what is his ethnicity? Is he non-caucasian? In which case the burden of proof on your part will be so much higher. Could he be a member of any protected minority?

You might unthinkingly do something illegal so the safest option is to just stand there and see what happens. If you get killed, sustain a life-changing injury or merely get sent to hospital you will at least know that what you did was legal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXhwZk6_cHU

Youtube thumbnail

If he is under ten feet (away- edit) in the time it takes you to pull and fire your weapon you will be severely cut or dead.

If he is outside of that, he or she will be stopped by your service weapon but given you don’t know what he’s on or not I belive procedure is to still empty the clip. 

Under that a taser or nightstick would be better option. But would be a bigger risk dealing w someone at close range.

However this is why police have partners. More likely it will be more than one officer.

Shoot him.  It is your life or his.

• Adam

Use a taser, arrest him and make sure he faces trial.

Well, I'm assuming you have us armed with full clips ............. RIGHT !!

.

If that's the case I suggest you call an ambulance and the coroner to attend.

.

Because I'm going home to my family tonight INTACT !!!

Taze him or shoot him in the leg. Don't fill him full of lead.

Shoot him in the kneecap. That generally stops the running without killing. Taser is better than a gun to. In the old days, when police were more manly, a night stick took care of most problems.

I would make and appointment for him with a social worker to visit his anger management inequities . What could possibly go wrong ?

Edit: I'm surprised the Lefties aren't saying we should shoot the knife out of his hand with non lethal rounds .