Bellybutton piercing closed?

Do you think I could reopen my belly piercing? I had it for a year then took it out for about 5 months because I was pregnant and still have some scar tissue?

I’m no longer pregnant by the way lol just was thinking ab getting it redone now that I’ve had my baby :)

I wish my body would heal scars. My belly ring never closed and I had mines out for 11 years. Ring slipped back in perfectly. I also have difficulty aging but zero ability to heal. Don’t really know what is up with my skin! 

• Laura

You could get it repierced, but you can't do that on your own.  "Reopening" isn't really a thing.  If a piercing closes up, you have to pierce it again and go through the entire healing process again because it is a new piercing.  

So yes, you can get it repierced.  Just be sure to let the piercer know about the history of your piercing, in that you had it for a year and took it out because you got pregnant.  This way they can give you a great piercing that won't look weird in the future as your stomach continues to change after you being pregnant.