Why do migrants try to leave France to enter the UK?

Why do they assume that the UK is "better" than France?

Why can't they just stay in France?

What is "wrong" with France that they feel a need to come to the UK?

Are they stupid?

Are they retarded?

I live in the UK and, believe me, we have been telling the French for hundreds of years that the UK is better than France!

• Adam

Stats show that most head to Germany and the UK. Both these countries are generally considered to be more open to diversity and welcoming to other cultures. Personally I'm proud that we are considered a desirable destination as it shows we actually have created a good society and culture over here. Got no issue with them. Fact is free prescriptions for Paracetemol cost the NHS More than illegal immigrants do. This is paracetemol that can be bought for 18p in tesco.

The argument that they come in and take our jobs etc is rubbish. I once heard a britian first guy whining about unemployment. I pointed out a cleaning job in M&S (a job most likely to go to an immigrant), he pointed out he was too good to clean. Then said the line of the decade "They come over here, steal our jobs and they ain't even working".

If you look at the amount of money nationalised brits cost our government that could easily be sorted, immigration ain't the issue, the laziness of some is.

English is easier to learn than french.