Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 4 weeks ago

Am I on the road to alcoholism? ?

For the last 3 weeks at least I am drinking a minimum of 10 cans of beer a day but most its enough to get me drunk. I know I broke some items accidently so far but I think it helps me sociably and just in general tbh. Am I going to become an alcoholic?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

at least youre not allergic to alcohol lol im kinda jealous xD (i get red & rly itchy skin after drinking)

• 4 weeks ago

That's the democrat in you talking.  Trust me, if you're drinking ten beers a day then something else is going to stop you very soon... it might be a health problem or it might be a legal problem but the natural order of society will stop you before you stop yourself.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, it sounds like you are.

• 4 weeks ago

Your there, get some help, stop it now.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

That's not a good sign.

• 4 weeks ago

Something I noticed in my "soda pop is a replacement for mom's teat" (to paraphrase a summation of my) research is that serious problem drinkers do something counterintuitive to what an outsider might expect. They don't drink the hardest liquor they can find, they tend to drink standard 5% ABV beers. My thoughts are in line with what I said, for some drinkers the behavior is not to increase blood alcohol as high as possible as quickly as possible, it is in the self-soothing behavior related to oral stimulation, simulating breast feeding. Those who do drink liquor are also problematic drinkers but from the standpoint of who's an "alcoholic" we would need a definition of terms at which point we are forcing a dodecahedron into a square hole. If you are drinking 10 beers as a self-soothing behavior and can't interact with people without it, then yes, I would say you have a problem that needs to be addressed.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Only children ask these sorts of 'Questions' since adults are....well Adults. 

• 4 weeks ago

You're already an alcoholic 

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Might as well just write off your life and hand in your service revolver. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

That's impossible to say. Being an alcoholic has nothing to do with how often or how much you drink. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.