IIIII
IIIII asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I dont like people looking at me, and I dont like looking at people. What can this psychologically mean for me?

Signs you’re an introvert.

You are probably more of an introvert than an extravert if you are content to sit back and let others take center stage, introverts don’t feel a particular need to be in that limelight.

You often wear headphones when you’re in a public situation. If you’re an introvert you don’t seek a great deal of contact with others. In decades past, if you wanted to avoid interacting with strangers, you would keep your head down and look straight in front of you. Now you have the added protection of your headphones though no one has to know whether there’s actually music coming through them or not. 

You prefer not to engage with people who seem angry or upset. You’re likely to try to avoid people who seem like they might be in a bad mood. People high in introversion might be less inclined to look at someone who seems mad, this is because introverts are more sensitive to potentially negative evaluations. If you think a person is angry because of something to do with you, his or her gaze becomes a threat.

If you’re stressed or depressed, you may feel that it’s no one’s business but your own. People don’t really know how you’re feeling or what you’re thinking at any given moment, unless you feel close enough to them to share it in private. 

You enjoy having time to yourself. When you have the chance to take a break, you’d rather spend time reading, playing video games, or just listening to music. That quiet time is important to your sense of well-being even though there are plenty of times that you enjoy social get-togethers.

• donnie

I don’t think people like people staring at them in general