Christmas ?

Am I being boring?

I have cancelled Christmas this year 

The year 2020 has been awful with the pandemic and the current state of the economy. 

I have worked flat out since the country lockdown 

My friend says this should not be the case and I should keep Christmas the same

I plan to slim down Christmas no tree buy very little presents.

I prefer to donate the money to charity 

• Daisy

You are free to celebrate or not as you see fit.  However, I would ask that you reconsider if you have children.  They shouldn't have to sacrifice a fun and joyful holiday because you choose not to celebrate it.

• donnie

BORING.           

i'm kinda lowkey excited to use the pandemic as an excuse to not go to any holiday events or parties or family get togethers. they cause me too much anxiety. i hate holidays...

Not at all, almost everyone is cancelling the holidays this year. 2020 is the darkest year since Black Death in the 1300's. 

It's a personal choice, if you don't feel like celebrating in the same way then don't... just don't expect that everyone will agree with you. 

That's your choice, personally for me it's more important than ever, I'll be decorating our house and doing our family traditions within the guidelines. If we give up on things like Christmas what's there to look forward too?

Charity thing is a lovely idea but bear in mind lots of purple decide to be charitable during the holidays, if you are going that rout be charitable on an off peak time, it'll go further. 

No, you're being practical.