Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

why can't parents understand money motivates us?

if you want us to do chores, pay us and you will not need to get on our case. In the real world, money motivates people. 

I stay in my room most of the time so I am not responsible for anything except my room

my expenses are paid fir as required by law there is no law requiring chores

if my parents had money, they could hire someone else to do all this. It's not my fault they are poor. I never asked to be born

If I were an adult the only jobs I would do are ones that give me a paycheck 

if I had my own house I would not care how messy it gets 

I should not be responsible for raking the yard I never go out there

Your parents pay you, but it's not in money. Do you have a cell phone? Do you get to watch TV? Do you have a computer? Do you get rides to go places? Do you get to go out to eat? Do you get an allowance? See, in the real world, people have expenses. But dad's don't pay mom's when mom's do dishes. And mom's don't pay dad's when dad's fix water lines. The people who live together work together to make their homes good places to live in. They respect one another enough to not ask each other for a payment in order to do their fair share of work and to pull their own weight. I'm sure that's not the answer you were hoping for, but it's an honest one.

Sweetie, you are in for a rude awakening. Brace yourself. Because you are going to be blown over when you are not free loading off your parents and are in the real world.

I thank God you are not my child. And I emphasize the word CHILD.

In the real world getting food in your gut, a roof over your head and clothes on your back are all the motivation your sorry a$$ needs to get up and do what your parents ask of you. Honestly~~ where do you ingrates come from that you think you deserve money just because there is air going into your lungs????

• April

It's nice if your parents pay you to clean the house, but it isn't a requirement. When you become an adult and get your own place, no one is going to pay you to clean your house, are they? You just do it.

Money motivates adults in the workplace because they need it to keep a roof over their head.

• edward

Money isn’t what motivates me...i don’t want to be homeless and live under the bridge.  I have to make money to afford all the bells and whistles i have.  That’s not motivation.  If you want to pay rent at home that’s up to you but i didn’t get paid to do chores in my parents house and when i could afford it i hired a maid to do it once in a while

in the real world I do not need to "pay my way" I can literally go on welfare 

Your expenses are already largely paid for is why zxjqbckm

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , ,,

• helene

Do you walk on the floor? Use glasses and dishes? Crap in the toilet? Then you're responsible for part of the upkeep of the house.

In the real world, punishment also motivates people.

• Embery

In the real world, you pay your way. How much did you contribute to food, utilities, rent/mortgage?

As part of a family, we all contribute to making the house dirty. As part of a family, we all contribute to making the house clean again.