Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

why do parents expect kids to clean the house?

parents must know kids make messes. If they want a clean house they should either be willing to clean up after them or not have kids

Update:

why should I clean a mess I did not make

9 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

It's called being responsible.   If your parents work - HELP OUT!

• Willie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If they want their bedrooms clean than they have to do their part or live in filth all of their lives.

• 3 weeks ago

Everywhere kids sit, eat, walk they make a mess.

The cereal bowl in the sink.

The chair u didnt push in.

The trash you created and didnt dump...all a mess.

You cleaning up keeps your messes in check...your parents have been cleaning up after you for years...

Parents need to work so you have a house to make messy.

• 3 weeks ago

In my house you make a mess you dam well better be cleaning it up. If I have to clean up my kids messes what ever I pick up is garbaged, no matter what it is. Parents are not your maids. Get over yourself.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's not about keeping the house clean. It's about cleaning up your own mess, something you will have to do over and over again even when you're already old.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Young children need to learn to clean after themself zxqj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• LizB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What, you think people magically learn to keep house the second they turn 18? Might as well not send children to school either, by your logic. Parents must know that kids don't know math, so why should they expect them to learn math? If they want math learned then they should either be willing to do all the math homework or not have kids who need math taught to them.

• 4 weeks ago

you make good points, however if the child isnt taught to clean up their own messes to a certain extent then theyll never learn responsibilty. im not saying parents should force their five year olds to do the laundry or clean out the fridge, just to put away their toys and stuff. its honestly not that much of an ask, and i think its improtant for children to help their parents around the house (obviously not that much, as i just said), because otherwise its a lot of work for the parents and it teaches the child empathy and respnsibility<333

• 4 weeks ago

A parent's job is to prepare their child for the world. And what do people need to out on their own? Oh yeah, clean.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.