Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

Do you judge heavily tattoo and/or pierced moms?

Not just mom's but father's too.

I'm 26, fully employed, pay my bills on time. My husband is 27, just got his master’s degree, and started a full-time job.  

The thing is we are both heavily tattooed. I have a tattoo on my neck, chest, full, two full-arm sleeves, half my back, one on my lower back, and half a leg piece. I also have 8 facial piercings no including my ears and colored hair. 

The thing is I'm 31 weeks pregnant. I just notice the stares, and I just feel like my OBgyn judges me. Maybe it's all in my head, but I'm worried about will this affect my baby.

Sorry...its not your imagination...people are judging you.  I feel sorry for your kid.

I don't know about "judge", but I certainly think they're ugly.

And they make you less useful as a blood donor.

• LM440

There is no need for judgment here.  Tattooed people get pregnant just like non-tattooed people.  And just as a person can perform a job or get an education with tattoos, they can be just as good a parent with tattoos.  

Maybe the doctor's worried about you getting Toxic Shock or some other infection while you're pregnant?  

Tattoos and piercings are fairly popular these days, but still unusual enough to make some people shutter. So, yes, sorry to say, things may be difficult for your child in public and in school when his/her parents are perceived to be rebellious. If you're not rebellious, you just like that sort of artistic expression, then you need to be really, really thoughtful toward teachers and parents so they can get past the appearance you give off and learn to trust you for who you are. Hint: you might want to remove any hoops or dangles for the first couple of years - babies grab!

• F

It’s up to you what you waste your money on. I waste mine on cars and alcohol ( bit at the same time obviously), and many people think that’s a waste.

Having said that, personally I don’t like them and they do nothing to enhance your look.What I object to, and it’s common in British TV, is someone moaning about not being able to feed their kids, while showing off several thousand pounds worth of tats.

No. Just because you have a tattoo and piercing does not mean you will not be a good mother. 

Uh, it's too late now to think about it.

• kelvin

no i do not..........

I judge.. I have tattoos and know how stupid I was to get them.. So I look at people with tattoos as not too smart especially if you can't cover them with clothes..

• Rick

nope, my GF has a full back oriental scene ...................