Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I had an argument with my online best friend and he told me he was gonna kill himself he hasn't came online for 2 weeks now what should I do?

He was saying that he loved me in all caps in chat messages and being really toxic at the sametime, so I told him it wasn't true since he was insulting me just because I wanted to spend time gaming with other people, he wanted me all for himself instead of letting me play with others he was a really selfish person, he didn't get along with my other friends so we couldn't all play together online. Is it my fault he killed himself?

You should do nothing at all.

Let him be.

Do not reply when he tries chat.

• Jen

He sound like someone with a lot of inner conflicts so he’s just being dramatic and a drama queen. Using suicide as a way to get your attention. I’m sure he’s still alive. You didn’t kill him or influence him to kill himself so it’s not your fault. 

He probably did not kill himself, and even if he did it was not your fault. He was controlling and obviousy a troubled person. Hopefully, he's in the hospital getting help. Ignore him if he reaches out to you. If he sends another threat, you can call the police and tell them that.