why are girls considered old maids if not married by age 20?

well they used to be, times may have changed sadly

I think as long as a woman can still have a kid she is viable as a wife.  Maybe after 40 is an old maid she doesn't have much value then other than an old sex toy.

• Ya-Hoo

Maybe in poor countries like Mexico or China. You should wait til you're at least 30.

• Good

That sounds like a culture where arranged marriages

are the norm.  Even in China a woman is not considered

"left over" until she is past 26.

If you are 35 and never married, then that is another issue.

.

Sometimes it’s a regional thing. Maybe if you were from Sheboygan or Oshkosh and you weren’t married by that age it would raise some eyebrows and people would be talking about it Behind your back.Maybe if you lived in New York City or LA there would be plenty of other people your age and even considerably older who weren’t married and nobody would Particularly give a sh*t l. 

I was born and raised in New York and spent 35 years of my life there and I know that a lot of people there just like to have fairly sexualized rela for example. They get right to the point. And They don’t necessarily want be tied down with marriage and families. New York can be just like a big playground and they just want to play. Players, in other words.  “Sex in the City” Really was a pretty accurate depiction of how a lot of New Yorkers Think about ‘relationships’. At least it was when I lived it was like that. Even though I wasn’t exactly what you would call a swinger.

I had plenty of opportunities but didn’t often take advantage of them. Maybe I should have? I had too many hangups around that whole area of life I guess. Oh well.

Who ever told you that doesn't know anything about females.

They are not. In fact, most countries and states, at least civilized ones, do not allow marriage under age 21, and with good reason. I'd like to see child marriage outlawed entirely.

No one actually thinks this way. Not anymore. 

Who thinks this? 

• david

They aren't. What kind of bassackwards moron are you?

• GB

Are you a gypsy?