Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 month ago

On a basic dvd player, how do you make a selection on the opening menu, without a remote?

It's easy when viewing a DVD on a computer (just use the mouse), but I've tried all the buttons on a regular player, and nothing works. Is it even do-able?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• 3 weeks ago

You need the navigation buttons with enter besides the basic on/off, eject, play.

Otherwise, you simply need a remote.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

read the instruction dope .

• 4 weeks ago

It depends on the player.     

Read The Owner's Manual to learn what a specific machine will do.                

Older models are much more likely to have a useful set of front-panel controls.                      

The Sony DVP-NS715P (made in the early 2000s) 

allows some menu functions from the front panel.   

It also plays DVD-RWs recorded in VR mode, 

something very few other models will do. 

This is why I bought three of them.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Get a new OEM remote. Get it from these folks: https://www.replacementremotes.com/

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

read the instruction dope .

• J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You may have to buy a universal remote

• Olive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What you can do is go to walmart and get one those RCA Universal Remotes and look in the code book for name of your dvd player and enter the codes like it says and that way youll have remote for your player anytime you need to use it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well mine have a toggle up/down/right left and select button in the center.If you don't have a owners manual google your make and model number and manual.for example Sony 2030 DVD player manual.You can also get a universal remote and just enter the code for DVD Their pretty cheap.

• 1 month ago

That would depend on what controls your unspecified DVD player has.

Without knowing the make and model, no one can even guess.

Try using a universal remote, and program it with the code that applies to the (unspecified) make of player you have.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.