Nick asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

If an orange is green is it called a green?

What??

Still need help!!

Go back to second grade and learn the difference between a noun and an adjective.

no itwill be called a vegana

You people are so mean. What drives that. I understand what you’re saying, but dang you don’t have to be derogatory. I’m sure someone will critique my grammar of spelling. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Meah 

Source(s): Posted

Hello,

if you mean the fruit in the picture,it is called clementine.

I wish that my answer is useful.

• garry

a green orange is called an unripened orange , turn orange when there ripe and ready to eat .

No, it just not ripe.

It would be called a green orange.  Like green apples.  Maybe you can suggest a new name but it should make sense.

• kswck2

Only children ask these sorts of 'Questions' since adults are....well Adults. 

The green is due to chlorophyll produced on the peel of orange citrus to protect itself from sunburn. The green color has no impact on flavor—in fact, some growers believe that citrus with regreening can have more sugar than deep-orange fruit.

I'd recommend calling it by the specific name, if possible, e.g. a green Navel "orange". Interesting question!!