?
? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

Could Trevor Lawrence pull an Eli Manning in next years draft?

And demand not wanting to play for the jets if they end up getting the first pick next april?

he hinted recently at returning for his senior year of college next year.  the jets currently have the worst record and not won any games.  they are not the most attractive to play for.  though a true competitor will want to go there and try to turn that franchise around.

jets currently have sam darnold at QB, who obviously hasn't been playing up to hype with his top pick.  

patriots, bengals, texans, jags, broncos, giants, vikings, and falcons are all at the bottom.  falcons or patriots would be most desirable to tank for trevor.  but it will be interesting as the season plays out.  

He definitely could.  Players rarely have leverage to decide where they'll get drafted.  If Lawrence gets the opportunity to tell a poorly run team to pound sand rather than draft him, he absolutely should.  How often does Eli Manning think about people he doesn't know whining about him "not being a true competitor" for refusing to play for San Diego when he's shining up his 2 Superbowl rings?  I bet never.  

he should if its the jets 

hey ,if anyone else trying to find out best tennis elbow therapy try Imforda Elbow Relief Guide (Have a quick look on google cant remember the place now ) ? Ive heard some decent things about it and my mate got amazing success with it.

• kswck2

Do you honestly blame him for Not wanting to play for the NY Jets? 

Even Bret Favre couldn't make a dent in that horrible team. 

Technically he could refuse to sign with teh Jets. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to refuse to be in that mess, although I expect Gase to be gone. The team that drafts him would have his rights for teh year IF he enters the draft, but I'd say he'd be more likely to just return to Clemson. 

The Vikings need to draft a QB Kirk "dozens of interceptions" Cousins is not the answer they are rebuilding so they could get the #1 pick the Jets will win 3 games to show the world

He's got to. Josh Rosen and Dwayne Haskins careers are over. You get drafted by a bad team and organization and it's over before it starts. Sam Darnold, same. 

After watching what has happened to these former first round draft picks he'd be foolish to just go to the Jets.

• He could, but the Jets would retain his rights for one calendar year and could trade his rights (which they probably would) and Lawrence would have no say on accepting a trade.  It's happened a few times in the NFL (John Elway being the first), and once in the NHL, when Eric Lindros refused to play for the Quebec Nordiques and was then traded to the Philadelphia Flyers for six players (including future HOFer Peter Forsberg), 2 draft picks and US$15mm.  Forsberg won two Cups after the Nordiques moved to Denver and became the Colorado Avalanche.  Lindros never won a Stanley Cup.

all things are possible!!!

Could he?  I guess he could try it, if he wants to be known as the same type of selfish jerk that Eli was.  But without the Manning family to protect him, I'm not sure he'd want that.

• Nick

I doubt it. He's got no rich family like Manning, no baseball contract like Elway. He could stay in school another year, but that just takes money out of his pocket and risks injury. Besides, Adam Gase is getting fired after the blowout loss to the Chiefs this week.