Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Is wearing a mask useless?

No. Since the virus is transmitted via water droplets from your mouth, it is quite helpful to have a mouth covering which can soak up water droplets. It won't stop the spread of the virus. Frankly, nothing can stop the virus from spreading. But it does help slow it down. So does social distancing. So when you're behind me at the checkout line and you want to be a few inches from me instead of 6 feet because you think you're too special to follow a few simple rules, don't be surprised when I tell you to back the hell up.

I'd say so.  I even have that stated on my mask.

after telling us masks offered no protection  to get people back into shops the government told people to wear a mask to give them a false sense of security . 

I guess it’s kind of like a reserve parachute. Chances are you’re not going to need that extra piece of ‘fabric’ but why jump out of a plane without one? Is it really that much of an inconvenience? Put it on when you go into a store, etc., take it off when you leave. BFD. 

It's not useless. It helps to keep the people mind controlled like they want. It's an excellent tool for fear and mind control.

An epidemic is an exponential process.  If each infection results in a tiny bit more than one new infection, it increases exponentially.  If each infection results in a tiny bit less than one new infection, it decreases exponentially.  Masks can make that difference --- they are not perfect, but they reduce the infection rate somewhat, and that can make the difference between exponential growth and exponential decline.

No, it's like Swiss cheese.  Every layer of Swiss cheese has holes in it but the holes are in different places, so put enough layers together and there's no hole all the way through.  Masks reduce spreading, social distance does too, so does hand washing.  All of them taken together are more effective than each single action, and with enough, it becomes almost completely safe.

Why do doctors wear masks?  For the health and well being of themselves and others.  That is why they an important safeguard to be followed during an epidemic.  Anyone who does not has no concern for others.  Freedom should not be used as a negative excuse, since you are endangering the lives of others by ignoring common sense.

• Cousin

In my personal opinion, wearing a mask is worse than useless, it's actually harmful to keep re-breathe-ing your own moist trapped bacterial cultures. 

no...but it's not particularly useful either...

consider this... before February this year, had you ever seen people wearing masks in the lobby of your local hospital?  How about when you went to the doctor's office?

people love to toss out the "surgeons" and "dentists" argument....but ignore completely the very specific times they wore them vs. the countless others that they did not..

these are places where infectious and highly-contagious diseases were present every day of the week... why wouldn't masks have already been standard protocol?  at-risk people were present every day too....so you can't use the "COVID is deadly" excuse...

look at was standard protocol in hospitals and medical offices before February 2020.... THAT is what is considered most useful..

No. It has been proved to be effective.