Atheists, why don't you try believing in God for one day a week and see if things improve for you? ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I was raised Christian, believed in God for over 20 years.  Things improved for me once I realized there is no proof God exists.

• Doc
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Why ? are there some days Living in a fantasy actually make the the world better ? Bottom line is reality will win in the end.

• 1 month ago

One week is too short of time to see any actual improvement in your life habits if that what you’re talking about. I’m sure that practicing psychotherapy skills like CBT and DBT are more effective than believing in the bible for the same reason that going to a hospital is more effective than just sitting around and waiting for God to heal you. 

• 1 month ago

Alright. This week I'mma pick Quetzalcoatl.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's not possible.  If I asked you to believe that I have an invisible, purple, tap-dancing kangaroo in my kitchen, could you?  People don't 'choose' what to believe.  It's just what you know, deep down, to be true.

I CANNOT believe that God exists.  In over 60 years I've never heard, seen, read, been told, felt or experienced a single thing which makes me think that God exists.

• 1 month ago

Would you be able to believe in leprechauns or unicorns for a day or would you recognise that as a dishonest, pointless pretence?

Would you want me to lie and pretend?  Would the god you believe in want me to lie and pretend? I honestly believe in gods as much as I believe in fairies and pixies ... not at all. Luckily, we can live good and moral lives without gods, prophets. pixies or rituals.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Theists, why don't you try accepting there isn't a god for one day a week and see if things improve for you?

Or we could all just accept each other's beliefs and not try and impose them on others. 

• 1 month ago

I believed in God for years and it only made things a little worse.

• 1 month ago

Reported for trolling and stupid trolling at that.

• 1 month ago

Sorry, I'm just not that dumb.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.