Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend doesn't want me to talk to my best friend because 8 years ago (in high school) we had  intercourse, is he in the right?

My best friend and I have been inseparable for about 9 years now. We met in high school, and have been super close since. Her home life was a very complicated so I kind of took her under my wing. about 8 years ago, while on drugs we had s3x, and again a few months later. We were both exploring our sexuality and again, it was high school. I am now 25 and I am in a relationship, we have been together about 9 months. My best friend and I have only seen each other twice since I started dating him, because I work nights, and the fact that he does not approve of me seeing or even talking to her. We are both older now so not seeing each other all the time isn't terrible, but a total of 6 hours in 9 months kind of sucks. He gets super angry with me randomly, even in situations she's not apart of or brought up in. I guess just when he remembers that we did things. And takes that anger out on me. He yells at me all the time to cut her out of my life, and I even stopped seeing her a lot less because of this. I tried to make him happy, but he consistently thinks I am cheating on him with her, and I hardly talk to her. Who is in the right??? And what do I do???  

You are in the right. His level of jealousy is off the rocks. You had sex with her twice eight years ago and have been friends ever since without anything happening. Why is he focusing on this so much? Especially since you hardly talk to her.

I'd break up with him. Just the fact that he randomly gets super angry with you is a big red flag.

The very fact that you're evening asking this Q says a great deal about your own maturity as a young woman, however, you're not alone as all girls/women continually face this kind of dilemma within every relationship they have. Not that it always has to do with 2 girls sexually exploring years ago, however, girlfriends/peers and male friends priory to you meeting this di*khead eventually become off-limits as far as he's concerned. The one thing to always remember is that your friends will always be there for you, however, a bf/gf may not always and also having your best interest at heart as opposed to their own insecurities and their manipulative controlling tendencies!

If this is legit - leave him. He controls you now, he will always control you. Best cut your ties the now or it will get worse. 

• T J

You have a decision, give up you Best friend or the bf.  If I were your BF, id dump you. Id never have trust in you.

• Ana

If I was your boyfriend, I would break up with your stank azz in two seconds and I would let you and the “best friend” do whatever sneaky sh*t you do behind your boyfriends back

I’d be like “don’t want ya, don’t need ya”