Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Is dogs the leader of the house hold ?

At this point my friend is not even trying to stop the dog from digging the trash the dog bullies me it just stairs at me when I eat then when I put it in trash it will steal it later when no one is looking I already told my friend he just says is a dog behavior I kinda want to hit the dog for self defense because is not going to stop doing that to me but it also ignores me & my commands is getting me mad people will see that as abusive though. Am I suppose to just let the dog do what ever it want they are terrible dog owner by the way the last guy who was living with them probably did hit the dog the dog probably did the same to him but the owner only see him as a abusive person they don’t see how the dog treats other people they know because they say the dog would bark at him every time he came out the room. 

E. H. Amos's Thats not fair so Im supposed to do what the dog want ? 

Anonymous The dog is bullying me it only dose that to me it dont do that to its owner. 

You want to hit the dog for self defense, the self defense required because the dog digs in the trash?  It's very difficult to understand what you are attempting to say.  Perhaps posting with punctuation would help.

Is dogs the leader?  I guess this dog be the leader.

The best thing you can do at this point is go to a professional dog trainer. If you don't  take the responsibility of raising and training your dog seriously, they will boss you around. 

Yes, I would say the dog is alpha of the household.  It may end up being given away or turned over to a rescue cause he cannot control the dog.  All because the guy never bothered to train the dog in any way.  It is just a dumb dog with an attitude.  & someday this guy will wish he'd done some training.  Is this guy as dumb as a box of rocks?

I agree with Jojo and also agree I think, you wrote in about this before.  Yes, the dog rules the household since it is untrained & is allowed to do, as it pleases.  Sort of like a terror of a child - allowed to throw blocks & food at people.  You have not indicated any reason why you are physically threatened or why you would need to hit the dog.  If you feel unsafe, or do not LIKE the dog's misbehaviors, your OPTION is to move OUT.  Please feel free, to do so.

• Jojo

Seems  like it could be, going on your post.

I`m sure you have asked a similar question a few weeks ago and got some good answers.

Your only alternative is to find new accommodation if the dogs owners are not willing to discipline their dog and you find the dog offensive and annoying.