Isn't it kind of depressing being a Christian in addition to suffering in this world which is inevitable?

Everyone suffers right, some more than others on the pain scale but it seems like as a Christian I am only hopeful in everlasting life and that this world is pretty much meaningless in that it has to turn to sht before it gets better. Revelations talks about all the suffering and chaos that is going to happen before Jesus comes... then you got the pain of dealing with the real world and its issues, day to day stuff that can build up over time and get to you. I read most of the Bible when I was a kid and my favourite section was Revelations because it talks about the future and what is going to happen for all of God's children, which is something so good that it is beyond our imagination. But until that day comes it's going to be same old boring mundane life... maybe I need to explore life more, find more meaning through other people, don't have much friends and I have mental health issues according to my doctor. So what do you do fellow Christians when you feel life's burdens knocking on your doorstep?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

THE PAIN AND SUFFERING OF THIS LIFE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE JOY AND PEACE THAT WE WILL HAVE IN THE LIFE TO COME.

WE HAVE TO KEEP TRUSTING WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TOLD BY YESHUA MESSIAH IS THE TRUTH AND THERE IS A BETTER WORLD TO COME, FREE FROM PAIN, SICKNESS AND EVIL.

THE KINGDOM OF YHVH GOD ON THIS EARTH.

• Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

An empty promise of a continuation you have to perform to earn and die to receive. Thanks but no thanks.

• 1 month ago

It is true that hope for the future is very important for us as Christians. If we are able to focus on our future blessings instead of thinking too much about the temporary difficulties we are experiencing right now, our hope will help us cope and feel better. The Bible says: "For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." - 2 Corinthians 4:17,18 (New Living Translation)

However, being a Christian is not just about being happy in the future. God wants us to enjoy life and experience his blessings now.  As the Bible put it in Ecclesiastes chapter 9: "Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a cheerful heart, ...never spare the oil for your head. Enjoy life .... Whatever you find to do with your hands, do it with all your might, for in Sheol, where you are going, there is no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom."

Life is supposed to be enjoyed!   Jesus understood that, and in the Sermon on the Mount he is showing us the nine keys for happiness, and these sayings are as beneficial today as they were nearly 2,000 years ago. You can read about them in Matthew chapter 5 and in the article linked below:"

Happy Are Those Who Serve “the Happy God”

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower...

The Bible teaches that God had a specific purpose for humans when he created them. In order to live a happy and meaningful life, we must learn to live according to God's purpose centering our life around love. Because "God is love"- 1 John 4:7. That includes loving God and his principles, ourselves, and other people. This type of love is not just an emotion, but an action towards others to show the goodness of our God. God created us to love and be loved. Love is active!

Another thing that can help to shift the focus of our own problems onto positive things is reading the Bible. God says: "whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well spoken of, whatever virtue there is and whatever praiseworthy thing there is, continue considering these things." (Philippians 4:8-9) And in Psalms chapter 1 "Happy are those who do not follow the advice of the wicked... but their delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law they meditate day and night."

If you feel depressed do not hesitate to seek advice. “Wisdom belongs to those who seek advice,” says the Bible in Proverbs 13:10. If you are struggling with depressive thoughts, do not hesitate to seek professional help. “Healthy people do not need a physician, but those who are ill do.” according to the Bible (Matthew 9:12)

And don't forget to seek God's advice as well. God invites you to tell him openly and honestly about whatever weighs on your mind. The Bible says: “Throw all your anxiety on [God], because he cares for you.”—1 Peter 5:7. Pray to God today. Use his name, Jehovah, and tell him about your feelings. (Psalm 83:18) Ask him to help you keep going. God can really give you both inner peace and the strength to keep going. (Philippians 4:6, 7, 13)

Source(s): How Jesus’ Sayings Promote Happiness https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009120 Happy Are Those Who Serve “the Happy God” https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower...
  • 1 month ago

I am sure that it is MORE than depressing. 

Jesus’ inability to overcome being defeated by his 

evil twin, the “anti-christ” will be proof beyond ALL doubt 

that he was never able to die for anyone’s sins to begin with. 

Whether you use the teachings of Jim Jones or 

David Koresh from last century, or those of Jesus Christ 

from 2,000 years ago, trying to acquire "God" through the use 

of religion, becomes the unforgivable sin. 

Jesus Christ is too weak and pathetic 

to belong to God's family, and the way that he 

keeps his believers waiting, is not "the way" of any god. 

The only thing that is worse, is being Christian.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The cross gives suffering meaning. St Paul wrote "Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church" [Col 1:24]

Suffering is what unites us to Christ, if we offer it to him as a willing sacrifice.

• Khaled
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere, Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return" (Quran)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.