Will my mead overflow with this headspace?

Earlier, my mead overflowed (sigh) due to very active yeast (roughly 2.5 grams of EC1118 in 25 mL of water). I poured some out, resanitized my airlock and stopper and put it back on and it's bubbling fine. Occasionally the level of the liquid will go a bit higher than the amount of headspace I left it at so I give it a whirl and the level goes down. I guess I have 3 questions, 1. was it okay to pour some out? 2. Can it overflow again even if I poured some out earlier? 3. Is it okay if the fruit (cherries, raspberries, and blueberries) are gathered at the top?

Also, should I push down the fruit that is floating on top of the mead down with something that's sanitized?

It looks like it might overflow to me.

Any actual fruit in there needs to be pushed down and the must stirred daily. That's the reasons that the fermentation is best started in an open topped container - a plastic bin.