I am a single mother. I have two kids. I got a call from my office saying that I’ll have to resign due to a surplus. What do I do?

2 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    like anon said, don't quit. Make them lay you off. 

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Do not resign. Ask to be fired or furloughed. 

    If you resign, you lose all your advantages such as unemployment and wrongful termination, if you decide to go that route. You don’t get unemployment because you quit. It was your own choosing. But if you get fired, it’s not your choice. If you think you were wrongfully terminated, you can sue. 

    Getting furloughed is like a lay-off so you can still collect unemployment. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.