CO alarm doing one loud beep randomly?

My CO detector always does a small beep every few minutes but starting just a couple hours ago, it started to do one louder beep every like hour maybe, along with the normal smaller beeps 

The small beeps have always been there I’m used to them It does like one chirp every few seconds (normal) But since 9 pm it has been doing one single louder beepIt’s 1 am now and it’s done 3 of those louder ones sinceIdk if I can sleep or what 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Replace the battery as it has gone low. 

• 1 month ago

It is telling you the detector needs attention. There is NOTHING random about the timing of the "I am defective" signal.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Read the manual.  If you lost it you can probably find it online.  The unit is trying to tell you something but you need the manual to understand it.

• 1 month ago

disconnect it temporarily.  then a) replace the battery and b) blow through the very thin gap that does the actual detecting.  then reinstall

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Droopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Well first off replace the battery  that gets rid if the beep.  If the other loader beep is still there then you detector has probably ran its life cycle an needs to be replaced.  

Good news for you  lots of new detectors come with a battery that lasts the life of the unit.  It will probably improve your sleep and mood.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.