Should I text him or am I desperate? ?

I’ve been chatting with this guy on a dating app for about a week now. He’s moving to my area for 6 months and then moving to a different area after (that is 4 hours away). I find him to be incredibly sexy and I think he is interested in getting to know me. 

Here’s my problem: I fall for guys pretty quick; and i see myself falling for him after scrolling through his pics online and chatting with him. 

He made his move to the area on Sunday. I texted him safe travels. He said I was “sweet” but now I want to text him again (today is monday), but I dont want to seem so eager or desperate. 

My last entanglement said I was too emotionally available and eager. So that is in my head. My crush also posted a status online about his exes messaging him bc its cuffing season. 

I feel silly now. 

I just want to get to know him. Thats all. 

• reme_1

Yes you are going much too fast for a new friend. Take it easy. You can not know him from a few pic and a few chats.

You know yourself better than any of us know you.  

And note that 'chatting' in a written format can give a misleading impression of a person, sometimes deliberately.

If you do decide to meet him face-to-face, do so in a public place with lots of people around, maybe a public park or a café.

It’s a dating app, the whole point of dating is to eventually sleep with someone. You should offer to show him around town.