Why is it weird for siblings of opposite genders to share a bed? ?

I’m a senior (21 y/o) in college and my brother is a sophomore (19 y/o). He lives in the dorms and I live off campus and one night at a friends house he fell down the stairs which is down the block from me, and ended up breaking his foot. They brought him back to my house and let him rest in my bed and then I was tired and fell asleep too. Why is that so weird for some people? I think it’s disgusting for people to sexualize something so minor, we’re siblings and were fully clothed. It’s horrible how I have to even defend myself. 

cause its inappropriate

You don't have to defend yourself.  Why do you feel that you HAVE to?  Tell 'some people' to just butt out and mind their own businesses.  This is just a bit of playful male unfunny joking which is a form of bullying.  Just let them know from the outset that you aren't going to play their game.  If they bring up this incident again just tell them to bugger off and poke their noses elsewhere.  Then just look SO BORED and say nothing if they carry on.  Get your bro to act the same way to them too.