Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Foreskin length?

Is it normal to have a long foreskin overhang? Mine hangs over when soft and hard. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I had to be circumcised due to medical issues. I had a very long foreskin. I had a low and tight circumcision done. Very little skin left

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is not unusual, particularly before puberty, for the foreskin to overhang greatly.  During puberty it often shortens to just a bit beyond the end of the glans because the shaft and glans enlarge whilst the foreskin doesn’t.

Provided you can freely fully retract your foreskin whether flaccid or erect you don't have anything serious to worry about, but if it cannot be fully, freely and painlessly retracted then you need to get circumcised to relieve the phimosis and enable your penis to perform properly.

• Nick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, but if you are young, penis rod may be still growing to fill it

• 1 month ago

Yes, it is within the range of "normal".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, foreskin lengths can differ. Some guys may have a shorter foreskin that does not cover the head entirely when they are flaccid or erect. 

• Mine did the same thing. Before I was circumcised at 16 my foreskin was actually longer than my penis.

• balan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is normal.If you can roll down the foreskin up and down freely during erections  everything will work perfectly . It is the   God given protection for the most sensitive part of male.It may be removed and circumcision fine only on medical grounds that too if it is  a must.Regards.

• Jesus
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I believe that a normal foreskin it lowers for if alone when the penis has an erection and he leaves the glans to the overdraft, but if it has more than enough then he has it redundant. If it is uncomfortable for you to have this way it, consider the option of removing it. I am circumcised and my glans remains overdraft.            

• 1 month ago

Yeah, it's normal... but if it bothers you, speak to your doctor about your options.

• 1 month ago

i would ask your doctor about it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.