Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

Do you have a problem with this NFL fan?

Background:

This guy in his mid 20s right now.

Born and Raised in Annapolis Maryland his whole life.

Works in Baltimore for the City.

He is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan

Not a Washington Fan(Which is understandable)

Not even a Ravens fan even with their success but he said he feels forced to watch them against his will because he is out of the Pittsburgh area.

He's too young to experience the Colts leaving town (which is another reason why I heard some Marylanders became Steelers fans).

To top it off and the one thing that's irritates me as a fellow Ravens fan and Maryland Native:

He has no ties nor any roots in Pittsburgh, no friends or relatives of his live there. And he has never has even set foot in Pittsburgh even come within 100 miles of the city and thinks it's a better city than Baltimore.  I've even been to Pittsburgh once and I wasn't that impressed.

I call him a retard. What do you think?

Art Modell is dead and Steven Bischotti is on of the greatest Human Beings you will ever meet so STFU

I once met a girl from Pittsburgh. We were both tourists in NY and she was super hot so I tried to bang her, but unfortunately this did not happen.

I take offense to anyone who just "randomly" picks an NFL team, which just so happens to be one of the most successful teams in the league, and makes up some BS reason why they are a fan. One of my former colleagues, who was born and raised in Minneapolis, use to tell everyone he really liked the Patriots ever since the day they drafted Drew Bledsoe in the early 90's. Yeah. Sure.

If you're from some city that doesn't have a team, then fine, it makes sense that you glom onto a winner, or just a team that gets a lot of national coverage. But Baltimore has had a team for more than 20 years. A guy in his mid 20's has no reason to go random.

Man that Pittsburgh girl was bangin though. Great boobs.

• Adam D

I think the use of the word "retard" as an insult is highly offensive, and people who do this are the scum of the earth.

I don't see any reason a person should be required to root for a team that is local.  That's like someone asking you what your favorite food is, and berating you for any answer other than crab.

In the grand scheme of things to discuss and argue about (which is one of the most fun things about sports fandom) in football, this is a pretty uninteresting topic.

I think more of the FAN, than I do for some POS that still uses retard as a negative,

There's nothing wrong with that. You can be a fan of any team you want.

• David

I call you an idiot for thinking somebody can't be a Steelers fan.

• Ana

No, you’re allowed to like whoever you like 

I live in DC area and I like the Buccaneers (formerly Patriots) bcuz I’m a huge Brady fan 

I think you're an idiot for caring in the first place. Plenty of people root for teams for a variety of reasons; just as some people root against teams for a variety of reasons. I grew up in the DFW area, but I root against the Cowboys all the time. Maybe your "friend" finds people like you obnoxious and it's not that he's rooting for the Steelers as much as he's rooting against the Ravens by rooting for the Ravens' biggest rivals over the past 20+ years.

Did you ask him why he's a Steelers fan?  Sounds like you are the retard.

Just blindly rooting for a team because they set up corporate headquarters where your parents happened to raise you?  You mean nothing to the Ravens, other than money.

People fought and bled and died for freedom of choice in this country.  You know who has to root for the home team?  North Koreans.  You'd probably be happier there...  although you probably won't be allowed to shout out in the middle of the national anthem like they do in Baltimore, they make you respect the song.

i dont think so

I think Bud Light is a crappy beer.