Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What is the worst lie that was ever told?

I think it is “God is the bad guy.”

The three most beautiful words in the English language: God is love.

You shall surly not die. The devil told Eve. 

"I'm going to make America Great Again!"

If anything, your God is an anti-hero.  Satan gave humans knowledge, killed far fewer people than God, punishes the wicked and leaves the good alone, and even offers help to Jesus wandering in the desert for forty days.  God condemns critical thinking, punishes the good who do not believe in the unbelievable stories posited, condones slavery, smashing children's skulls on rocks, sexism, and rape; and did nothing to ease his own son's pain in dying for his screw up.

In the garden of Eden the devil's plot was to accuse God of being 'the bad guy' by saying He was trying to keep something good from Adam and Eve. That one lie has led to all the murders and misery the entire human race has since suffered. God truthfully warned that if they desired a source of life other than the one He had for them, they would die. And so they did. Thus Jesus said the devil was "a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth for there is no truth in him... he is the father of lies."

Source(s): John 8:44

The absolutely absurd proclamation that magic, the supernatural and a deity exists.  We already know that it is not true, nor even possible according to our current understanding of reality.  Religion as a whole is nothing more than an assumed conclusion based on suspect claims from dubious sources supported by logical fallacies nested within circular reasoning bringing you back to the assumed conclusion.  There is no truth in it.  Fact.

I AM that I AM, means nothing, what He did tell Moses to tell them was " I AM COMING " the original says I am I am without the added word " that " between the statement, the translated words I AM have two meanings, one is present tense and the other is future tense, Shakespeare dealt with it in his time and gave it so much thought he incorporated into his most famous quote, To Be or Not To Be, that is the question, to Shakespeare the translation read TO BE TO BE, tell them TO BE TO BE hath sent when asked by them " who sent you " what Moses told them He had said was " To BE =I AM=present tense usage, To BE=I AM=future tense usage=to become=to appear, better translated= I AM COMING, of course we are talking about the origins of the promise of the Messiah to appear found no where in the scriptures yet believed by the Jews from an oral tradition that started with Moses, this translated lie I AM that I AM has deceived many on the FACT that Jesus is that God that spoke to Moses to tell them He was coming, HE CAME unto His own and was rejected by many of them because the scribes had messed up the correct translation of their own scriptures thereby causing MANY to not believe in HIM, all the signs of how He would appear were given to them yet they are still waiting for His appearance to this day, He's coming is a LIE because He's ALREADY CAME, He's coming back AGAIN is the truth only the next time He comes will be to collect ALL the one's that believe in HIM, having died in Him or still alive in Him, the second greatest LIE ( which could also be perceived as the worst lie ) is that He never existed which has many deceived from believing He is God come in the form of a man or has appeared to man in the form of a man

The lie Satan told eve that if she ate the fruit she would know good from bad and would be like god. Satan said the opposite of what God told Adam and Eve and they believed Satan over God.

“You will not certainly die.”

i think thats the worse lie too

He MURDERED the entire human race except for one family as well as every land animal but two of each kind.

Yes.  He's the bad guy in that fictional novel.