Do you sit in restaurants?

I’d like to sit in restaurants and chat with my friends after a meal, but since these days seating is limited and people are waiting outside would you still do that? What would if you’re done eating and someone else was hoping to get in? Seems like Covid could change peoples attitudes about this.  It also hurts the restaurant and the waitress or waiter when they can’t get another table in because they’re waiting for you to chat.

You mean do I loiter in restaurants?  No.  I didn't do that before COVID and I certainly wouldn't do it now.  I'm acutely aware if there's a line to get in and if I'm done, I'm gonna get moving as soon as possible.  

Inside? No. 

Outside? Yes.

No, we don't like to sit there sit around there after a meal. We go outside and spend some times there while walking.

do  I  LIMIT  my conversation to AFTER my meal at a restaurant  stay to CHAT after my meal

NO i converse during the meal    some people do   that behavior 

a  REALITY is even before COVID   if people stayed to chat after their  were STILL PEOPLE  waiting for that table 

Restaurants had people waiting for tables BEFORE COVID   i i specifically recall people putting their name on a SEATING LIST  or making a RESERVATION that was a reality before  covid

In Australia Usually Yes but covid has caused a Limit on table usage

I never sit around after a meal. I have things to do. If I want a chin-wag with friends they can come over to my house and we can have a conversation there. 

I haven't been to a restaurant since last Feb.  I'm not sure what is considered appropriate these days.

• I'm not comfortable going to restaurants especially given the spike in numbers in my home province.  

Having said that, if I'm at a restaurant and I can see there's a wait for tables then I do my best to not linger so that others don't have to wait too terribly long.  If nobody is waiting and closing time isn't for a while then I might chat a bit longer.

I do still continue to sit in at restaurants they did have like every other table/booth open, now they got plexiglass shields and ALL booths (back to back ones) are open, so really their is very seldom a line of people where I am from. And anyhow the servers even tells you stay as long as you want, there's no rush!

• J

Right now, many restaurants have time limits for that reason. Even if they don’t, if there’s people waiting to be seated, it’s best to leave when you’re done. You can sit for a few minutes, but don’t loiter for too long.