Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

How to convise my husband to stop doing weed and being a attic in front of my kids?

He waits til they slept And smoke weed wile I work at nite. How can he stop this before they come to find out in the school. He need to parent better them 

• L

How can he be in front of the kids and in the attic at the same time?  If you don't like what he's doing - pack your stuff and leave.

Better find a better husband in my honest opinion zxjqklmvw

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

As others imply, what do you mean by 'attic'?   There is only one meaning for 'attic' and it does not relate to people.

If you think your husband turns into an attic, you need to stop doing hallucinogens before you tell him he has to stop doing weed.

Well, maybe you could learn proper grammar so you could get your point across more succinctly

There is no such thing as a marijuana addiction.  Plus if he isn't getting high until the children are asleep, he isn't failing them in anyway as they aren't even aware of it.  Do you have a drink in front of your kids?  If so, you are setting the bad example, not your husband.

Keep him out of the attic ..... If this is where the trouble starts ....

• edward

By the way you’re typing and poor grammar...do you have a problem too?

It’s just weed. I think you should lighten up. If he’s not smoking in front of the kids, I don’t see the problem. I know lots of people who smoke weed and are loving, attentive parents. I’ve been smoking weed since I was 15 and it actually helps me a lot. I don’t have kids, but I wouldn’t stop smoking if I did, I’d just smoke outside. It’s probably the only reason I’m not on a lot of anxiety meds. It also seems to help with my ADHD. My boss often tells me to go smoke when I’m stressed and starting to bug out or have an anxiety attack. I come back 15 minutes later calm and happy.

I wouldn’t worry about your kids. Most of their teachers probably smoke weed too. Every year more states legalize it. Most people know by now that weed is pretty harmless. People aren’t nearly as judgmental about it as they used to be. I walk down the street smoking a blunt on a daily basis, and nobody ever bothers me about it (I live in NY where it’s decriminalized, but not legal. Penalty is a fine). I don’t think your kids, their teachers, or anyone else they know will really care about your husband smoking after the kids go to bed. It’s not hurting anyone, and your husband probably smokes because it helps him keep his sanity. It’s certainly a lot healthier and more responsible than drinking every night. People drink and beat their wives, bang ugly strangers, and kill people with their cars. People who smoke weed are more likely to pass out in front of the tv, or eat an entire cake in one sitting. Stoners are rarely angry, violent, or reckless. I think you should accept that your husband likes his weed. Everyone has a vice, and everyone has something they do to relax. Just be thankful he’s not black out drunk every night. 

Simple - leave him if he doesn't stop.  Tell him he has to make a choice between his family or the drugs.  

BTW  - an "attic" is that space in the roof of a house.  an "addict" is someone who has a drug or alcohol problem.