Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 1 month ago

I am all of sudden getting strange texts on my cellphone . How can i stop this? ?

I never enter my phone number on things on the internet or anywhere because I just don't. That being said, I have been getting text messages every morning from two different numbers saying: "(my name), Julie lost 50lbs doing the HIIT workout. Are you going to be like Julie?" and then it lists a link that I never click on. The text me every morning and it's soooo annoying. And i can't block them because they are texting from a different number each day. Do I need to contact my phone carrier? what I can do to stop this? I only have one email that is connected to my phone number which is my college email and I haven't been hacked. Also my yahoo email that I'm using now isn't affiliated with my phone number but I checked just in case and I haven't been hacked so what's going on? 

• SOT3

Someone in your "friends" circle probably has malware on their phone and your address was mined from that. All you can do is block them and ignore them.

Your phone carrier won't be able to stop a spam caller that spoofs numbers so every call is from a different one.

These people set up auto-dialers that call every single number.