Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 1 month ago

I am all of sudden getting strange texts on my cellphone . How can i stop this? ?

I never enter my phone number on things on the internet or anywhere because I just don't. That being said, I have been getting text messages every morning from two different numbers saying: "(my name), Julie lost 50lbs doing the HIIT workout. Are you going to be like Julie?" and then it lists a link that I never click on. The text me every morning and it's soooo annoying. And i can't block them because they are texting from a different number each day. Do I need to contact my phone carrier? what I can do to stop this? I only have one email that is connected to my phone number which is my college email and I haven't been hacked. Also my yahoo email that I'm using now isn't affiliated with my phone number but I checked just in case and I haven't been hacked so what's going on? 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • SOT3
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Someone in your "friends" circle probably has malware on their phone and your address was mined from that. All you can do is block them and ignore them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your phone carrier won't be able to stop a spam caller that spoofs numbers so every call is from a different one.

These people set up auto-dialers that call every single number.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.