Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 month ago

how do I enjoy the holidays again? ?

my dad and grandma are no longer with us and it just does not feel like how it used to without them here. When will I get the joy of the holidays back? How do I get it back? I tried doing things we did when I was a kid but that makes me miss them more

• donnie
    4 days ago

You just have to ask the good Lord and push through 

The first holiday without a relative is always sad-no way around that.  But you can invite other people to join you-even if in a zoom session.

I lived in England for 10 years, I had to come back to Northern Ireland 5 years ago in october because my dad was diagnosed as terminal. He made it past Christmas but died in January. I am 33 now and as I said it has been 5 years but the hurt is still there and it never feels the same. What I can say is that now it is easier to deal with, i am able to catch up with other family and talk about him rather than finding it hard to mention. The point is that things will never go back to the way they were but you can create your own joy and memories in their name, I am sure that is what they would want.