Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Which cats are better female or male?

Neither really. There's not much difference between the genders of a cat to have. Their personality isn't affected by their gender. As with a dog, the way a cat turns out personality wise depends on how they're raised as a kitten.

The only real difference which would be noticed, is that unless a female cat becomes pregnant or is nursing kittens, male cats usually need more daily calories than female cats do, which is why they typically will obviously eat a bit more than females will, so feeding a male can possibly cost a little more.

Hope this helps.

Neither.  Neuters make the best.

• According to my experience, Female cats are better than male cats. Trust me! 

All the male cats that I've own were sort of hyperactive. You might have to get used to some scratches and bites often. Male cats don't purr much as female cats. On the other hand, female cats are more affectionate and friendly than males.

To tell the truth, there isn't actually a difference between them. If you guys love male cats, it's fine.

• PR

That is a very difficult question to answer, since all cats are different, and all people are different, as well. I have always preferred female cats, since that is what I have primarily owned. Many prefer male cats.

Some things to consider:-Female cats may tend to be more independent, thus seeming unfriendly, even though they may bond with you, cuddle with you and be a good companion.

-Male cats may be friendlier or more outgoing depending on the actual cat. They may also may spray in the house if not neutered early enough or if more than one male cat is in the house.

-A cat will choose who he or she bonds with, and the "feeder" is often the preferred person, although personality plays a very large part.

-Each cat and each person is different in personality and preference. This is definitely NOT a one-size fits all question, and will not have that answer, either.

Each cat is different. You should gauge your choice by the personality of the cat, and also the cat you bond with. You usually know when you meet the cat or kitten, if it is a good match. You may have a "sense" about it.

Kittens will be more active at first, then settling down once neutered and also when more mature. Some cats will always be quite active. Some are "couch potatoes", but most will play if given the chance.

Cats who were not properly socialized will not be as friendly, unless they have a very special person to bring them out of their shell. Most cats will also take a little time to adjust to their new home - up to a week, but some may take a little longer. 

Small kittens such as under 10 or 12 weeks should be confined in a small room such as a bathroom for up to one week, or until 10 to 12 weeks for both safety and so the kitten does not hide. It is fine to allow the kitten to cuddle with you at night if it is frightened.

If this is your first cat experience, choose a cat you feel drawn to, or one you just bond with. If you want a quieter cat, choose one who is not running all about, wildly. A cat who seems reclusive and fearful may not be the best choice for a first-time cat owner, unless you have a bunch of time to spend with kitty to bring him/her out of their shell.

Be sure to provide more than one litter box, keeping it clean. It is best to use an uncovered box since some cats are reluctant to use covered boxes. A large plastic storage box often works very well because it provides more room for kitty. 

Spay or neuter by six months for optimal health . Always keep in mind that once you get a kitty, watch its behavior. If it becomes too quiet, or does not eat like normal, or just does not "seem right", it is time to take kitty to the vet. These are often the only signs a cat is sick, and ultimately prevent a costly vet bill. Additionally, cats can live between 15 and 20 years, so don't think your cat is going to die at age 8 or 10. Always take kitty to the vet if it seems like it might be sick, so your cat can live a long and happy life. 

Good luck in finding a cat you will love.

With my experience I find that male cats are more active and hyper even after you get them fixed, but if you want a calm cat female may be your best bet.

No difference.  My wife & I had 9 cats, across 22 years.  All have now moved on to their next lives.  We had 6 (neutered) males & 3 (spayed) females.  

"Darla" is wrong.  Female cats can & do also spray.  

I've noticed that male cats tend to be more affectionate than female cats, so there you have it.

• Darla

Female. Because they don't spray the house. 

Neither is better than the other. Each cat has its own personality and its sex does not determine it. 

Neither/either or. I have personally had a better time with male cats, but I have also had them all from kittens. Any female cat I adopted was older, so already pretty set in their ways and became very territorial. My best friend has had female cats that were all awesome, so it just depends on how you click with them.