Is this true about people who asphyxiate to death?

I read somewhere that when a person is suffocated to death(any form of asphyxiation I believe) they always have a horrifying look on their face. It said it was particularly true of females but alot of makes do it to. Is it because it's so painful or freightening? 

Can someone just give me a legitimate answer? There is a reason why I asked the question can I please get some valuable input from someone. I know there is alot of knowledgeable people out there. 

I think it's true. Me and some of my friends used to see who could hold our breath the longest. I could make it 2 whole minutes and my lungs felt like they would explode. The pain was intense and it took all my will-power not to breath. I can't imagine how bad it would feel to go till death. 

Yes. I can verify it to be 100% true. I believe the reason to be from a combination of how the face would like while desperately trying to get air. Mouth and eyes all the way open. If the victim was suffocated with a plastic bag it was even worse. It was predominantly women who displayed this scenario.

• Andy C

Depends on the circumstances.   I've choked and it was peaceful and painless.   Coming back from near death (another time) was and is incredibly painful,  but not as painful as the near death thing. 

If you are murdered,  I'd assume that you would be very angry/depressed. 

• guess  you  best  wait  for  god's  time?