Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 month ago

how come the video files that i burned to dvd discs, won't play on my sony dvd player?

yet the dvds which i burned files to, will play in my desktop computer?  but not play in my sony dvd player?

i burned a lot of video files - the dogtanian tv series from 1982- to blank dvds last night, the video files were mp4 format......26 episodes i burned to about 6 discs, via my windows 7 desktop computer..

then i tried the discs out in my computer, in the optical dvd drive, and they played just fine.....but when i tried to play the dvds in my sony dvd player in my bedroom, they wouldn't play, but just played the audio of the series but not display or play the visuals.

can anyone help or tell me why i had this problem?

thanks to rob too.

• WayneH

As Rob almost says, DVD players will not play all video formats.  You need to know what format the DVD player will play.  There are video converter programs available from the Internet.  Most of them are free.

• bill

Sony has always been more of a stickler for not wanting it's equipment to play burned discs.

First thing: were the discs finalised?

If not then they will only play on the computer which was used to burn them.

Second thing: is your DVD player compatible with mp4 files of the exact same standard and bitrate you used? Not all DVD players will play mp4 files, and those which do cannot update their codecs as easily as a computer with a web connection.