Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Why do these customers make a big fuss over a $1 difference?

Yesterday, I had a woman that was buying 2 of the same item. One was $4.99 and the other was $5.99. So I told my head cashier to check it out, he looked it up, and said the correct price was $5.99 for both items. So she threatened to report him to corporate!

A dollar represents more to them than it does to corporate. 

Shame on y'all for trying to take advantage of a customer. I saw it recently at Goodwill,

two of the same shirt, side by side, similar condition, one priced 1.69, the other at 3.69

Management explained that "An employee priced them" I got the one at 1.69; luckily the

3.69 one was still available when that color went on sale, so paid 92 cents but still upset.

As per me, I want to pay the price that is presented to me; and, in the name of customer relations,  if one item is mis-marked low the store should give the lower price on both items. [One or two $ is nothing compared to the thousands some customers spend in a store ... and unhappy customers also tell their friends to not shop there (!)] - I also hate computer errors !!

Knowingly cheating someone of any amount isn't cool.  😒

If you overcharged me by $1, I would beat the everloving sh i t out of you. REPEAT TJX TROLL.

What store do you work at so we don't go there?

Proper store management - no need to look anything up.  the customer should have gotten both for $4.99.  After the customer left, you can check the price and make the correction on any that were mislabeled.