Question about marriage anniversaries?

I know that each or most years of marriage anniversary each one has a color, a flower, a gemstone, a modern and a traditional or classic gift that goes with it. I was wondering are animals part of the traditional anniversary too? Like for the 30th anniversary it's a fox and for the 20th is a bird or dove and so on. If yes then what would the animal be for the 11th year?

Thanks

• MissA

That's not actually a tradition so I think you can make up whatever animal you like.

What a great & charming idea!  But sadly, no.  There is no tradition affiliating a different species to each anniversary.

However, it used to be traditional on the 14th anniversary for one spouse to give the other an animal or some animal-related item.  More recently, under the "modern standard" for anniversary gift-giving, the puppy, kitten or pony on the 14th has been supplanted by (ho-hum) "gold jewelry".