.
. asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 4 weeks ago

Why does Trump brag about having a great relationship with Kim-Jong-Un?

Kim-Jong-Un is not simply a thug. He tortures, murders and starves his own people. Having a "good" relationship with him is not something you should admit to, let alone brag about.

Yeah. So it's stupid like saying, "Meet my good buddy Charles Manson" or, "Ted Bundy's my wing man". Maybe more like, "If I were going to have a bromance, it'd be with that cool dude Polpot" or, "I'm not Gay but I just LOVE Hitler". 

• not

I have a good relationship with some miserable tweakers in my neighborhood. They terrorize others. A few choice words, some friendly threats and they don't bother me. Now I did offer my help to the terrorized people but they prefer to be enablers and victims. The significant thing here is who they can pick a fight with. So I brag about my relationship. So North Korea is getting along with Trump, hmm. 

• helene

Gee, China does that too. So did/do a lot of other nations.

Sometimes you have to deal with the dictator you have, not the dictator you'd like to have. Having a non-hostile relationship with North Korea means that people in Japan and Guam and Hawaii sleep a lot better.

We haven't seen all the missiles flying like we did in the Obama/Biden days. I know this is a disappointment for you Democrats, but it is good for the world at large.

• Jim2

Right. He's a bad dude. Trump should not admire dictators. But he admitted to Bob Woodward that he does 'get along well with dictators'. To answer, I think Trump is a would-be dictator himself. You admire someone, you want to be like him or her. Plus Trump has said that as president, he can do just about anything. I think he wants to be a dictator.

BTW, Kim is building bigger and better missiles, probably as we speak.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Because Trump is leading the world toward world peace. He's now won peace in the Middle East and North and South Korea are in talks of reunification. All of this in four short years. 

Trump is the most effective president toward peace since Reagan. He's filling the role JFK set out on but who was sadly cut down.