Is Jesus having existed controversial or a fact?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

It is a fact!

It was never questioned until relatively recently.  Then modern skeptics decided they knew more than the people from the prior about 1900 years; including eyewitnesses, ancient historians and scholars!

• Otto
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Jesus Christ was a real, historical person.

Study the Bible and find the truth.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think real historians don't doubt his existence. The evidence is no worse than usual for ancient history.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's only controversial to those who will not accept the fact of his existence.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Jesus existence is a fact. All though believing in him with have everlasting life.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes he did....to many accounts of himself and doing quite a few miracles. WHo feeds 5000 ppl? Literally?! The old testament correlates to the new testament like a handshake.

• 1 month ago

There is no evidence that the Jesus of the bible existed outside of the bible.  Fact.

• 1 month ago

It's a fact that there was a man named Jesus that fit alot of the description at the time

• mimi
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
  • 1 month ago

Virtually all scholars who have investigated the history of the Christian movement find that the historicity of Jesus is effectively certain,  and standard historical criteria have aided in reconstructing his life. Scholars differ on the beliefs and teachings of Jesus as well as the accuracy of the details of his life that have been described in the gospels,but virtually all scholars support the historicity of Jesus and reject the Christ myth theory that Jesus never existed.  Among these scholars was G.A Wells, a well-known mythicist who changed his mind and ultimately believed in a minimal historical Jesus.

Of course they don't believe he was God incarnate.  That is a different matter altogether.

• 1 month ago

i think he existed and i'm not religious

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.