Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

If you found out your teenage cousin was making racist anti-Islam posts, what should you do?

I mean, should he go to jail and stand trial for his hate speech (and Islamophobic racist young men probably don't survive long), or does he just need help maybe in a mental hospital where they can work on slowly changing or purging his deeply problematic thought processes? Which way is better for now?

You could report it to the police, but they won't do anything because they can't arrest him for being racist.  How would you get him into a mental hospital?  Maybe have him talk to a counselor, not that it would do much good except to make you feel better.

• helene

I'd tell him to scoot over and let me show him how it's done.

Nice bait, you right-wing prick. I'm anti-Islam and right-wing. But you can't go around spreading disinfo.

• david

You can't jail someone for thoughts and speech alone (though rump's working on that). Council him and warn the public, or stay away from him and warn the public. 

My youngest cousin has a teenage child.

Update: Anyone that doesn't know this RANT was poseted by a troll is naive.

Islam is not a race. 

islam isn't a race, shlt-for-brains.

If you are concerned that your cousin maybe a danger to society and is capable of anti-social destructive behavior, then just notify police of your concerns and let them monitor him if they see fit.

The bothers who bombed the Boston Marithon. The guy who murdered innocent children and teachers at Sandy Hook School and other terroristic behaviors were evident to the people who  knew those sicko terrorists. So speaking up is the right thing to do. This keeps the cops on their radar or at least they may ha e a heads up on a future suspect.

If you see something...say something.

I might explain to him that I, a white male, was walking in a crosswalk, was struck by another white male who was driving his car, and who failed to yield when making a turn.  He knocked me down, my leg was broken in three or more places, and I could not get up.  Fortunately, his passenger called the police, and I was taken to the hospital.  I had emergency surgery the next day (Sunday).  The on-call surgeon was a black person who is a Muslim.  He did a fantastic job, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have met him when I did.

He's probably saying less hateful things about Muslims than most Democrat-voters say about Republicans.