Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Someone said to me that yahoo answers will disappear in December is that true ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

Yahoo announced that it is shutting down Groups in December and group owners are flocking to Google and other hosts.  Groups were killed when spammers took over to advertise their goods and Yahoo did nothing about that - or other Terms violations.  These "free" services are paid by advertising income . . . . fewer users means fewer ad dollars....Considering how Yanswers has become a haven for haters, perverts, children and many, many spammers - I assume it will go soon too - although no plans have been announced.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know. if its true then its their authority 

• That would NOT surprise me in the slightest. Usage is DOWN considerably from what it used to be, and now they have this gawdamn suspension of commenting going on.

And since they have done THAT their BULLSHlT content and political bias have increase exponentially.

And those who complain too bitterly find their accounts not suspended but totally wiped from existence.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No.  Same as every other time you continually spam this same idiocy over and over.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No its not True people start Rumors all the time of Yahoo Answers being Deleted and all Dates have come and Gone and the Site is still here 

Unless it comes from Yahoo Officially dont Believe in anything you may hear 

• 4 weeks ago

It is the first time I heard that.

• 4 weeks ago

That IS NOT TRUE. EVERY YEAR fear mongers try to start this rumor again, and every year it turns out NOT TO BE TRUE. Yahoo Verizon has NOT said one word about shutting down YA. Yahoo Verizon makes to much money from selling advertising space on YA to shut down YA. IMO rumor mongers should have their email accounts terminated. 

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That rumor is an old one that goes around every year. It is false.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Someone told me that this has been blathered for the last five years. Why would Yahoo only tell one troll and nobody else?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.