In what way religious people are morally superior than Atheists?

I hear is very often that atheist have no moral base yet every christian who claims it has tendency being hypocrite. 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Doc
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You can't think of an example either can you ?

• 1 month ago

you are in that case listening to religious rubbish. atheist morals are after all related to realism and not perverted religious beliefs

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There really isn't any evidence of the claim. More religious areas have higher crime rates. It's a lot safer for a women to be walking around London compared to Tehran. Within a society the same thing is found religious children behave worse, religious areas are poorer and have higher crime.

• 1 month ago

Atheists represent roughly 4% of the US population.  They represent less than .05% of the prison population.  Morals have a connection to illegality, as such, if atheists were less moral than religious people, they would display a higher percentage of the prison population.  

Further, morality is variable as a function of specific religions.  For instance, eating pork immoral for a muslim, but not for a christian.  If you stick with "golden rule" morality, which would be not murdering, lying, stealing, etc, it ties back to the legal connection.  So no, religious people aren't more moral than atheists. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There are good atheists.  There are corrupt Christians.  Neither group is inherently superior to the other.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only MUSLIMS are superior.

• 1 month ago

most religion is less moral than irreligion

• 1 month ago

If what you heard were true, prisons would be filled with atheists and hardly anyone that believes in any gods. I do not need to be threatened by eternal torment to behave for I am not a child.

• 1 month ago

You are the judge of nobody so this ques is worthless...BUT YES CHRISTIANS ARE BORN AGAIN AND that will pay off!

• gillie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In no way at all.  Judging by crime statistics and rates of social problems, the religious are probably less moral than atheists.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.