Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Husband still said he has feelings for me but won’t be with me after my affair.  Why does he keep acting like this with me then ?

We split back in August because of an affair I had. This is my second time having an affair but I have truly learned this time so I don’t wanna hear any crap about how I’m a terrible person. He was mad and hurt but we have slowly been rebuilding our friendship which is starting to sound a like we are still married. He’s been coming around my house multiple times a week. We cook together We watch movies and shows together again like how we used to. We text 24/7. We also had sex and kissed a couple times. Planning a vacation together. He calls me everyday. I think the affair helped our sex life in a sense because I feel much more attracted to my husband more then I’ve ever been and there’s so much fire in the bedroom. He also sends me old pictures of our honeymoon. He talks about how he wants us to get a house and move in together as roommates. We act like we are still married but he said he won’t take me back. So what gives? It it too soon to want to be his wife again? Last night we were on the phone for 3 hours and it felt the same way as when we first met. We didn’t run out anything to talk about and the conversation naturally flowed 

He also said he doesn’t want to have sex with anyone else except me. 

Society demands that he separate from you.  Society is wrong.  He doesn't want to be estranged.  He is just doing what is expected of him.  Now being separated gives both of you space and a level of freedom but he still wants the relationship.  I cannot see any conflict here.  His feelings haven't changed.

It's hard to break a habit even if it's bad for you, that's where both of you are.  Damage has been done, trust is gone, everything going on is just built on sand.

Just because you had an affair, it doesn't mean that situation is going to erase the feelings your husband has had for you over the years.  

I have no idea "what gives" and i truly doubt this is a true situation.

My husband left me 5 years ago but we still live together and have sex and hold hands and laugh. Life is beautiful. But why won’t he come back to me?