Is it time to STOP putting UK clocks back in late October.?

I don't know anyone who likes it, it just makes winter nights even more depressing, the UK farmers who it was brought in for anyway, now have giant spotlights, young children are now chauffered to and from school so it makes no sense anymore and after the year we have had, is it really necessary.

• Audrey

I'm in the USA, but I totally agree with you. People are depressed enough already, making it get dark even earlier is a horrible idea.

I prefer that we (in my case, Americans) "fall back" and then stay on standard time all year round. {small joke: I have a devil of a time each spring resetting my sundial.}

I've always hated the clock going forward/backwards. Doesn't make sense when time always move forward. How can it jump an hour in front or behind. It is the stupidest thing I've ever heard off.