how do i transfer all my data from a computer that screen is black to an external hard drive ?

ok what it is my old computer up and died on me it was showing a black screen

my computer is one of those computers that is a combo screen and computer 

and i cant get it back on now.......

iv brought a new computer but i still have a lot of important data on my old one 

is there a way to get all the data on the old computer with the black screen on to an external hard drive 

or do i need to go and see someone to fix it and then down load everything on it 

i prefer the first option 

what should i do 

• keerok

What I'd do in your place is to remove the hard disk from the old laptop and connect it to the new one through USB. If your new computer is a desktop then it's easier. You can connect the old hard disk directly to the motherboard as an additional drive and leave it there.

If it this sounds difficult for you then ask help from a computer technician.

• Adrian

The easiest way may be to remove the old drive, and plug it into an external USB to SATA controller/cable. Most all-in-one screens/computers use laptop drive inside them, and can be removed.

There are exceptions, for example if your system had a .M2 SSD device, which I doubt in your case, as most all-in-one machines are lower end when it comes to storage.