Isn't it a shame Yahoo stifles "Free Speech" but turning off the "comments" for articles.?

What do you think?

We totally agree with you. It is a shame.

As  a famous big company  ,Yahoo is committing human rights violations .------- freedom of speech. 

Yahoo started the comment section and it worked very well.   To discontinue it because of an election is a very poor excuse and smacks of favoritism for the far left. Everyone has fun when the comments fly. Anyone over 18 ought to be able to understand without comnents one feels like you are talking to yourself. NOTE: You who are claiming the constitution does not allow for  free speech to be provided by a platform ie Y!A. The constitution also does not provide for a platform to provide something to its users which makes the platform much more amusing to remove it for political reasons.

The First Amendment to the US Constitution guarantees that the government and its representatives won't punish us for or prevent us from exercising our right to free speech.  It does not obligate anyone or any business to provide a platform for that speech.

yahoo supports the far left movement and very pro bidden.when the comments did not support car burnings,rioting,looting..they shut the comments down.now the election is almost here.i'm able to leave this comment.

How was anyone "abused" by the old Comments?  The Comments were no more "toxic" than the actual Yahoo articles, which are nothing more than college-dorm, agenda-driven influencer-news pieces that no longer pretend to be "objective."    

No I think it is great i have not been abused since  and still have not been abused Go Yahoo

Got abused in a question which i reported and Got removed

I think the reason for the article commenting is because people who write comments tell the TRUTH, especially about BLM, the Racist Marxist mob. Al so we cannot comment about the COVIDIOTS.

There is NO speech being turned off. It's the right of access to a free press. The press has. Not really been free for quite some time. Verizon Media?and Yahoo have EVERY legal right to disable commenting acrossthe Yahoo platform for security reasons. They have done this in the past in 20222 and 2016. They do not want the site collapsing and goofing offline for hours or days. I've noticed in the past 4 days the site seems to go down briefly. Yahoo's security has never been high. 

Whenever Verizon Media restores commenting people will STILL complain about something being censored. 

There's nothing stopping you from emailing to the Associated P or Time magazine, which I did myself recently, or the Atlantic or following them on a Twitter and tweeting at them. 

I see a lot of stupid answers that can easily be debunked, and every time I'm reminded of the comment section, sad

This isn't a chat site, it's a Q&A format.  If you want to comment on things f uck off over to Reddit.