Citizen Awesome asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Would u adopt a dog or buy pure bread and why?

• Maxi

When/if I want a pup I purchase a purebred and purchase from certain breed lines as I want to know what I am getting and as part of my training/socialisation of my dogs I enter them in breed shows as this can be done from 6 months old although breed showing is not what I want them for, my dogs work and also do competition agility/obedience/flyball, so exposure from an early age to lots of different things/events is important

• keerok

Pure bread, all the time. Man, bread tastes so good!

I would adopt a purebred anytime and never pay for a mongrel.

My first and current dog is a rescue who I was lied about. The amount of behavioral problems she had that I was not made aware of is ridiculous and not at all acceptable for a shelter. For my next dog I'm going through a responsible breeder.

You should only consider a purebred if you want it for a particular job or need, or as a show animal. Otherwise just adopt. Many need good homes. Plus, purebreds often have more health problems.

If you're looking to get a purebred dog, consider rescuing one from the shelter or a purebred rescue

This week I adopted a baby cat. I saved her from the darkness and the cold, took her to the hospital and taught her to use the bibiron and do the toilet

Only purebred I would by is from a reputable breeder but I don't have that kind of money.  I will NOT buy from a BYBer.  A BYBed purebred is nothing but messed up & mixed up genetics.

https://www.paws.org/resources/puppy-mills/

https://www.google.com/search?q=backyard+breeders+...

• I try to find homes for strays and try to make sure they're fed and taken care of,I can see how much homeless dogs suffer.So I will always adopt.

I dont care for bread.  Too many carbs.

I do prefer purebred dogs, however

Please adopt, don't shop

• donnie

I like to adopt because they need homes too. But then again so do the purebreds. Though sometimes shelter dogs are harder to adopt.