Why is same sex marriage the right thing to do?

Explain please.

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is not right and those who don't have God in their lives feel it is fine,, the bible reads homosexuals will not inherit the king dome of heaven , for those who don't believe that feel it is fine, God says it's not fine, he's the final judge they would be worried .

.about. They will have to answer to Him the day they meet him in which we all will get the chance,,

• 1 month ago

Answer:   Marriage is a public declaration of commitment to one person.

• 1 month ago

Is it only to clearly precise who will get the money if one die, and if there is a pension for the spouse ... then one become the spouse ..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Happiness and the stability of a relationship, provided by ceremonies.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Umm, equal rights? Seems a fair enough answer, but the question should be why do straight people believe they deserve more rights than gay people? Answer me that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

it is a right - ie the right thing to do. contrary to popular belief, marriage is not about love, it's about children. two parents are better than one, and a lot better than none. adoption is why gays exist; it's the only reason god made them that way.

if "christians" knew how to read or reason, they would know there's nothing in the bible against gays. what god was quite clear about was bearing false witness.

The Barna Group, a Christian polling firm, found in 2012 that evangelicals accepted the attitudes and beliefs of the Pharisees—religious leaders depicted throughout the New Testament as opposing Christ and his message—more than they accepted the teachings of Jesus..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Lgbt are people and we form long term relationships and often enough children are involved. Our relationships and families deserve the same protections that straight marriages do. A marriage gives the participants rights and protection that right by right would cost over $20,000 to do by an attorney. So I can’t go through them all in one y/a post but right of survivorship, right of visitation in a hospital, right of insurance, power of attorney...

You could have lived in the same house for 30 years with your partner, they die one day and then the next day the niece and nephew that never visited them are evicting you.

You could be denied visitation to that hospital bedside if you were not next of kin.

I can go on and on.

Same sex marriage in no way takes away the rights of straight people, it just guarantees lgbt people the same protections. The result of this is that society will become a stronger more secure place because these families are more protected. Society benefits.

Without these rights gay people can have lives ruined or even die. The same sex partner or child that can’t be legally adopted so easily won’t get medical coverage. The person that was living in that home all those years goes on the street. A spouse could be deported. 

• adam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

its disgusting. Gay people are aberations. Russia puts them in prison. We should too. Nasty disgusting freaks .

• 1 month ago

i dont think tis the right thing to do

• David
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

More men marrying other men means more women for me!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.