What was the stupidest thing a manager ever told u?

Stupidest thing manager ever told me was when he asked be a supervisor. When i said no, he said that company pays for that. I said since company pays it does not mean i have to do it. Maybe u will pay me million dollars to go out and kill people, does it mean i have to do it?

"I don't care if it's the wrong thing, we're going to do it my way."

At a restaurant I worked at, and on payday, and off the clock, some of us were sitting in the back socializing and the new assistant manager specifically told me, not the others, that there were too many people here and that I needed to leave because if the "labor board" came in there would be some problem. It was 2:30 in the afternoon, there was literally no customers in the place. I just rolled my eyes and looked at him like he was stupid. He wasn't a good manager, he wasn't there for more than month and half before he got fired because he was grossly incompetent. He singled me out because I was done working for the day, plus I used to question some of his directives because I knew they were wrong.

The position I'm currently in requires two people, however, I have streamlined it to the point where I have made it SO EASY that only ONE person is needed. My boss wanted me to take over another position on top of my own, saying that it wouldn't be too much work, even though people from both sides were saying that what I would be taking over was WAY TOO MUCH WORK for one person to do. So he still wants my position divided into two, which is not enough work, yet take over something that would be, in fact, too much work. Does any of that make sense AT ALL????????? So stupid, just give me both and leave me be!

• Asep

Yelling at me for making a drink for a customer 

" I cannot have an Assistant Manager that doesn't know Algebra ", yet he'd purposely 

increase prices*, then offer large discounts to customers, which made monthly reports 

for inventory purposes required by corporate offices a complete mess. I can easily &

accurately do Arithmetic without a calculator, and fluent in several languages .. the guy 

was just a self-centered bigot who eventually got fired for a series of lies + misactions. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Random example is a signed jersey a previous mgr had at 700, with enough leeway on 

the profit margin we could get away with selling it at 600. This manager in question would 

put it at 1000, and then sell it at 650. Not only does it affect numbers, but devalues product. Most customers were from out of town so they didn't always realize this but locals sure did.

PS: The only reason I didn't know Algebra is that it wasn't a requirement for me to graduate high school. I now know it well enough to pass a departmental exam without much difficulty.

when they wont let you stay at a job just cause of hip implants, they couldve let me do sit down work