Reason for leaving my job?

I took on a part time job and it was ok but not what i wanted to do (retail). I then applied and got a full time job in an office and when I handed in my resignation my boss looked surprised and a bit sad. A few days later ( had my 2 days off) my boss offered me more hours to get me to hopefully stay and said they didn't want me to go really....the offered hours are **almost** the same as my new job offer - but its local so my new job is a commute so they said if i factor my commute etc its prob about the same money maybe?

I DO NOT know what to say...im leaving because i want a new job that is 9-5 mon to fri instead of retail but I now feel guilty/shocked that my boss has offered me more hours and wants me to stay! What should i say to them now??????

They asked why I was leaving so I used the part time hours as my reason thinking it would be valid....this offer for more hours has really thrown me...short of saying, i don't like the job much here---what can I say?

What's wrong with the truth?  Say i think I would like the other job more.

• Murzy

If he gives you 5% more than your new job, stay.

Office work is much better and less stressful than retail.  The boss isn't offering more money or benefits, is he?

Just tell him you feel that an office job is a better opportunity, because it's the truth.  Retail is low paying and generally a dead end job.