When Biden he will make us net zero emissions by 2025, did you actually believe that?

The odds of that happening are exactly zero.  It's just a lie.  Even if we started today, it would take generations.  The only viable way to do so would be nuclear and you just can't possibly ramp up that many nuclear reactors that quickly.  It takes ten years just to design a reactor, not to mention buy the land, get permits and build it.

With wind and solar...not possible.

Update:

Anonymous,  wrong...plain not true.  I live in Germany which heavily subsidizes wind and got rid of nuclear.  We now burn more coal here,  polluting the air and pay way more for power than neighboring France which uses nuclear.

I pay way,way more for power here ina house half the size I had in the states.  Plus, we don't have ac and our heat is a seperate bill!

Update 2:

H3 pecificqlly said this in the debate, Einstein.

Update 3:

He specifically...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If it would take generations, then we really do have to start now, because we don't have enough oil and natural gas to last for generations.

• 1 month ago

To answer your question: Biden doesn't say that. 

https://joebiden.com/climate-plan/#

Biden's plan is to make the US net-zero emissions "no later than 2050", not 2025. 

I agree that net-zero emissions by 2025 is unrealistic. By 2050? Who knows? That's 30 years away. Think of how much things have changed since 1990.

It's an aspirational goal, relying on changes and technologies that have yet to occur or even be invented yet. 

• James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope, but he could head us on the path.

• 1 month ago

Obama (and Biden) wanted electricity prices to "skyrocket": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4

Youtube thumbnail

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Biden doesn't know what day it is, OR what year it is.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Farting will be illegal ...........................

TRUMP 2020 !! ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

• bil
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not just 2025 ~ Sometimes slo Joe also says ---- 2035, and also 2050 - Depending on the Democrat audience. Joe is WILLING to say anything for the votes of Democrat climate 'scientists.'

Source(s): Sort of like the Democrat global climate change 'scientists.'
  • 1 month ago

California is the model.   With the state largely shut down rolling blackouts raced through the state during recent heat waves.  When Diablo Canyon is decommissioned California will be a third rate economy with customers getting electricity for only a few hours a day.  LOL

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I rather believe him, than what comes out of Trump's lying mouth.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It’s possible. The other countries are doing it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.